The National Debtors Register Act has entered into force
From 1 December 2021, new provisions of the Bankruptcy and Restructuring Law became effective.
The entry into force of the extensive amendment is connected with the implementation of an ICT system for handling proceedings. An open register concerning the situation of insolvent or restructured entities is also in operation.
The amendments were introduced:
1. by the Act of 6 December 2018 on the National Register of Debtors (Dz. U. of 2019, item 55, i.e. Dz. U. of 2021, item 1909),
2. by the Act of 28 May 2021 amending the Act on the National Debtors Register and certain other acts (Journal of Laws of 2021, item 1080).
In addition, as of 1 December 2021, implementing regulations entered into force on:
- The manner of filing pleadings and submitting documents in bankruptcy proceedings via the IT system supporting the court proceedings and in the sub-office of the district court (Journal of Laws 2021, item 1839),
2. Mode and manner of making electronic deliveries in restructuring proceedings (Journal of Laws 2021, item 1838),
3. The manner and mode of conducting and making available, as well as the collection of documents in bankruptcy proceedings against natural persons not conducting economic activity (Journal of Laws 2021, item 2152)
4. The manner of filing pleadings and submitting documents in restructuring proceedings through the IT system supporting court proceedings and in the sub-office of the district court (Journal of Laws 2021, item 1822)
5. Manner and procedure of keeping, as well as making available files and a set of documents in proceedings for approval of an arrangement (Journal of Laws 2021, item 2118),
6. The manner and mode of keeping files and a set of documents, as well as making such files and a set of documents available in the proceedings for conclusion of an arrangement at a meeting of creditors by a natural person not conducting business activity (Journal of Laws 2021, item 2032)
7. Mode and manner of electronic delivery in bankruptcy proceedings (Journal of Laws 2021 item 1954),
8. The manner and mode of keeping files for declarations of claims and the collection of documents, as well as making these files and the collection of documents available (Journal of Laws 2021, item 2170)
9. Method of placing and processing data in the National Debtors Register (Journal of Laws 2021, item 2173).
Other legal acts concerning court clerks’ office were also amended – the Rules of Procedure of Common Courts and the Order of the Minister of Justice on the organisation and scope of activities of court secretariats and other court administration departments (the so-called court instruction).
Moreover, in connection with the implementation of the ICT system, user manuals were prepared and a support centre was launched: https://krz-info-prod.apps.ocp.prod.ms.gov.pl/ext/.
Read more on our website: