Agora takes over Eurozet

Agora takes over Eurozet

The court approved the takeover of Eurozet by Agora.

Agora is an entertainment and media group that has in its wide portfolio many press titles and radio stations. In February 2019, it acquired 40% of shares in Eurozet – a media holding grouping companies operating on the radio market. After a few months (in October 2019), it began four years of unsuccessful efforts to obtain consent to buy out the remaining 60% of shares. The Office of Competition and Consumer Protection (UOKiK) did not consent to this transaction. In the justification of the decision, UOKiK referred to the need to counteract the creation of a duopoly on the radio market held by Agora, Eurozet and RMF FM. This prompted Agora to appeal against the decision. Thus, the case ended up in court. In May 2022, the court of first instance revoked the refusal of UOKiK. And he turned away from her. Now the Court of Appeal upheld the decision of the court of first instance. This means that Agora has received permission to take over Eurozet.


Portal created by:

Obserwuj nas

Follow us

Posłuchaj podcastu ResTrue Talks.